Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday: July 21st

Woke up tired again. I threw a sock at my mom in the middle of the night for snoring too much. The earplugs kept falling out again, too. We walked to the PT tent today with an extra couple pounds of mud caked to the bottom of my converse. It was another fun and rewarding day.


We went back to camp tonight to play soccer. It was raining, so we just played in the mud. When they saw that I was holding a soccer ball, they all started yelling at me. John and I played with the guys (shirts v. skins.) I kept my shirt on. They are so muscular! I just stared (maybe drooled a little) the whole game. It was a blast though. I was caked in mud and soaked. The ball went flat after about 30 minutes, but that didn’t stop anyone. At one point, they were all yelling at each other in Creole and it looked like a fight was about to break out. I feel bad because we didn’t end up playing with the little kids.


I’m really going to miss everyone from the camp. It was so hard saying goodbye. They are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I am already making plans to come back by myself in September. I just can’t have this be the final goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment