Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday: July 17

Back to Camp Hope today. Sarah and Carol came to help out in the morning and then left after a couple of hours to head back home. Hopefully I will be okay to man the front desk on Monday. Again, just so many smiles and laughter. Sarah and I tried to amuse the little children, but ended up laughing more ourselves. I made some really heavy “glasses” with a roll of duct tape, a roll of masking tape, three rubber bands and a marker. Junior learned a new song today: Day-Oh. We sang it in the back of the truck on the way to camp. I don’t feel like I have too much to report besides that it was another good day. I have never seen so much poverty, but I have never seen so much joy and ear-to-ear grins. These truly are beautiful people. Oh, and I learned how to count to ten in Creole, so that is progress! I have learned a few other miscellaneous words.


No comments:

Post a Comment